|Free Newsletter|Add/Update Website|Main Page|
Craft Site Directory: Rug Hooking
www.craftsitedirectory.com/classic/rughooking/ - Remember to !
Rug hooking is a technique by which rugs are made by pulling loops of yarn, wool roving, or fabric through a stiff woven base such as burlap, or another similar textile. The loops are pulled through the backing material using a hand tool with a hooked end, similiar to the end of a crocheting hook, but the tool is shorter and usually has a thick wooden base for leverage. Although some use the term latch hooking to describe rug hooking, the technique for latch hooking is actually different. Latch hooking uses a hinged hook to form a knotted pile from short, pre-cut pieces of yarn. With either technique, rug hooking or latch hooking, patterns can be formed on the surface of the rug by using different colored yarns, wool roving, or strips of fabric, for the various sections.
This section contains rug hooking how-to information and free patterns, rug hooking supplies, kits, and patterns available for purchase, as well as shops with hand hooked rugs available.
See Also: Punchneedle(Miniature Rug Hooking) ; Rug Making
| Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 |
- Wicked Wool Primitive Rug Hooking-- Wicked Wool offers beautiful hand-dyed wool, wool yarn, primitive rug hooking patterns/projects, supplies, classes and unique gifts for fiber enthusiasts.
- I Love Rug Hooking-- Rug hooking supplies, patterns, wool and inspiration. The online store provides the best in rug hooking supplies with fast shipping across the United States, Canada and International locations.
- Rug Hooking Magazine Online-- Rug Hooking Magazine's website features how-to articles and free patterns, a gallery of full-color rugs, and more.
- The Merry Hooker Woolens-- The Merry Hooker Woolens offers hand dyed wool, textured and plaid wool, primitive rug hooking patterns, Beeline Townsend fabric cutters, rug hooking kits, rug hooking supplies, classes, workshops, wool dye, dye supplies, books, gifts, and quilting, penny rug, applique, and sewing notions.
- The Wool Street Journal Magazine-- The Wool Street Journal is an extraordinary magazine for rug hookers with heart.
- Martina Lesar-- Original hand-hooked wool rugs and home accessories by Canadian fiber artist Martina Lesar. Also available, original rug patterns.
- Nancy Smith Collections-- Primitive rug hooking patterns by Nancy Smith. Offering artistic hand-drawn patterns directly on linen.
- Star Rug Company-- Star Rug Company features primitive hooked rugs and patterns, including original designs by Maria Barton.
- Rug Hooking 101-- Rug hooking articles, frames, patterns, starter kits and other rug hooking supplies.
- Emma Lou's Primitives-- Emma Lou Lais official site. Includes Emma Lou's Biography, Primitive Rug Hooking Patterns by Emma Lou Lais and Primitive Rug Gallery. Order Emma Lou's Patterns online.
- Folk 'n' Fiber-- Offers kits and patterns by Sally Van Nuys for primitive hooked rugs and miniature needle punch embroidery. We carry a full complement of supplies, too. Visit often to find new designs from Sally Van Nuys, Ohio folk and fiber artist and contributor to Create and Decorate magazine.
- The Blue Tulip-- Primitive hand-hooked rug designs and kits, hand-dyed wool, hooking supplies, classes and more.
- Among Friends Wooly Designs-- Among Friends designs primitive rug hooking kits, patterns and more as seen in Create and Decorate Magazine.
- New World Rug Hooking-- New World Rug Hooking offers classes, commissioned work, materials, supplies and an online portfolio related to fiber art of hand-made hooked rugs.
- Holly Hill Designs-- Holly Hill Designs by Susan Quicksall. Rug hooking patterns, dye book, workshops.
- Amherst Antiques Folk Art-- A site by Ohio folk artist Sally Van Nuys, purveyor of primitive rug hooking and needle punch patterns, kits, supplies and accessories. Traditional rug hooking with wool is Sally's specialty. Her handpainted folk art celebrates the early American style. Also offering primitive antiques and other home necessities.
- Hooked Treasures-- Original rug-hooking designs. Includes a gallery of completed pieces by customers and students.
- Encompassing Designs Rug Hooking Studio-- Features beautiful hand dyed wools and rug hooking kits. Also patterns, backings, hooks, hoops, gripper frames, rug hooking books and more.
- The Old Tattered Flag-- Primitive folkart paintings, hooked rug, penny rug and punch needle patterns.
| Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 |
~ Home ~
Bath & Body
Yard / Garden