|Free Newsletter|Add/Update Website|Main Page|
Craft Site Directory: Bunka Embroidery
www.craftsitedirectory.com/classic/bunkaembroidery/ - Remember to !
Bunka embroidery, also known as Japanese punch needle embroidery, is often likened to painting with thread on fabric. Layers of brightly colored rayon thread and a punch needle are used to create detailed pictures that resemble the subtle dimension and look of an oil painting.
Bunka Shishu, another name for this technique, is often viewed as more of an artform than a craft but with companies now offering bunka kits with step-by-step instructions, more and more crafters are learning how to create these wonderful masterpieces.
In this section you can learn more about bunka embroidery and it's history, purchase bunka kits and supplies, and view examples of this art and craft.
See Also: Embroidery
- Bunka Craft Embroidery Company-- Canadian designer and manufacturer of bunka embroidery kits. Also offering supplies and instruction. Each BunkaCraft kit contains: Printed fabric, rayon bunka yarn, basic instructions, and colour pictures.
- Jeans Blossoming Bunka-- Tokyo Bunka embroidery kits for the beginner and experienced stitcher. Plus all accessories. Japanese punch embroidery. Easy to learn. All kits comes with printed fabric, black and white instruction sheet, enough thread to completed your picture.
- Bunka With Flair-- Bunka with Flair offers teach-yourself Bunka Kits which includes everything you need to begin your new hobby. Since 1986 Bunka With Flair has been North America's largest retail and wholesale distributor of Bunka punch embroidery craft kits and accessories.
- American Bunka Embroidery Association-- ABEA (American Bunka Emboidery Association) is a "not for profit" association designed to promote, teach and enjoy the art of Japanese Bunka Embroidery. The American Bunka Embroidery Association is made up of chapters in many areas of the United States of America and Canada.
- HOBI House of Bunka-- Canadian-owned company offering embroidery classes and high-quality needlework supplies imported from Tokyo. We specialize in teaching and supplying materials for Bunka embroidery, an intricate fabric art form made by using punch needles and rayon threads to paint multi-dimensional designs on fabric. We also sell catalogues and instructional materials related to this hobby.
- Bunka Shishu Art-- Bunka Shishu Art is an artistic website to sell the Bunka Shishu paintings of M.H. Lans, a Master Bunka Teacher who has made 85 paintings so far. Bunka Shishu is Japanese thread art or embroidery.
- CaliBunka-- Janice Daily of Calibunka teaches Japanese embroidery classes in Santa Barbara, California. Calibunka carries every necessity to learning Bunka Shishu, including materials, teaching kits, informational videos, history and even an elaborate gallery for exhibition and information.
- Purple Dragon Arts-- Purple Dragon Arts is an all encompassing frame shop where you can choose state of the art matting and framing for all your needs - favorite prints, photographs, paintings, needlepoint, any handicraft, and, of course, Japanese Bunka. In addition to framing, I can supply you with all your needs for the fascinating art of Japanese bunka embroidery.
- Klema's Punch Embroidery-- Klema's punch embroidery is based on the bunka punch embroidery technique. The designs are as easy to work as colouring in and almost as fast. Based in Australia.
~ Home ~
Bath & Body
Yard / Garden